Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is it just me? It's just me, right?

Just for the record, you're not going to hear me endorsing or campaigning for any Presidential candidate here. It's your own job to do your homework and figure out who you think will do the best job as President. Personally, I haven't heard any candidate saying the stuff I think needs to be said or talking about the stuff that we should be talking about. I'm not much for political commentary, at least in the form I usually find it.

Besides, the fewer of you who vote, the more my vote is worth! So forget that civic duty crap and just skip voting, especially if you haven't taken the time to look into the issues and policies. Let's not pick our government based on what we heard on the teevee that one time.

But I have to share a story. Well, more of a revelation, I guess.

I was driving home from work last night, and alas, I had no audio book. At some point, I turned on the radio, and I heard a bit of Hillary Clinton giving a speech to her supporters - rallying the troops.


There was something vaguely familiar about the sound of her voice, especially when she was raising it to be heard over the crowd. She sounded, well, a little annoying. She sounded like somebody else. It took me a minute to put my finger on it, but it finally came to me.

Hillary Clinton sounded just like Richard Simmons.


Okay, maybe it is just me. But from now on I don't know if I'll be able to listen to Hillary speak without picturing her with frizzy hair, a tank top, and short shorts. This can't be good.

Here's a clip of Hillary, rallying the troops earlier in the campaign, and definitely not plagiarizing Barack Obama:


Here's a clip of Richard Simmons on The Late Show with David Letterman:


Close your eyes and make sure you can tell which is which...

--

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 2/21/2008 5:37 PM, Blogger barefoot gardener said...

Amazing similarity!

 
At 2/21/2008 7:11 PM, Blogger Kritical Man said...

OMG! Is this why you never see Hillary and Richard Simmons in the same place at the same time??!

A sure sign of the apocalypse.

 
At 2/21/2008 11:07 PM, Blogger baloghblog said...

I needed a good laugh tonight. Heh heh!

 
At 2/22/2008 9:08 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Oh.My.Gawd! That was too funny!

For the record, though, I agree that I haven't heard any of the candidates saying the things that really need to be said. I'm hopeful, though :).

 
At 2/25/2008 8:20 AM, Blogger Suzer said...

Scary but true. AlthoughRichard sounds a little more feminine to me (how wierd is that!)

 
At 2/28/2008 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I was completely skeptical. And then I listened through the Richard Simmons clip until he stood on the chair and chanted. And then I switched back to Hilary Clinton. And they sound *exactly* the same. Cadence and everything. Scary. Poor HIlary.

Sigh.

I agree that people who do hypnosis during pregnancy, take tech free days every week, and make and grow our own food... are thinking about issues very far away from what the politicians are talking about. But baby steps forward are better than baby steps backward, I guess.

At least there is a woman and an African American running. Kids are going to grow up thinking that is normal. That's pretty cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home