Monday, July 28, 2008

Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Ok, let's see. Our car (which contained my wife and two sons) conked out, 20 miles from home yesterday, and is now in the repair shop. Our only other vehicle - the pickup truck - cannot even come close to holding the five of us. So some portion of us is always stranded.

Amelia has some recurring digestive problem that makes her cry for hours on end, and get very clingy. Three of the last four weekends she's been having this. And this time it's stretching out longer, and came with a fever. But maybe it's not a digestive problem. Or maybe only partly. Or maybe it's a sinus infection. Or heartburn. Or, um, well... (insert blank stare). A trip to urgent care and two trips to the doc haven't really gotten us an answer. And poor Amelia is just not happy. So now she gets to get sedated and have a CT scan, mostly just to check for a sinus infection, since she can't really tell us what's hurting...

And the cow has mastitis again, or still, or whatever. In fact, this time she's got it even as I'm still finishing up the latest medical treatment. The vet is basically out of bullets, and said she may be stuck with it until we dry her off. So now I'm gonna look into drying just that quarter. Or at least milking it out separately. Sigh...

Hey, how 'bout we throw in a teething baby? Seems like a good fit, no?

So I haven't gotten to my next electricity reduction post yet. I'll get to it before too long. And I've got some more interesting news to pass along by next weekend.

In the meantime, here's a cool little video. Everybody on the planet may have seen this already, but it's new to me, so now I'll inflict it on all of you...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7/29/2008 5:34 AM, Blogger Burbanmom said...

Great video! Hadn't seen that one yet, so it's new to me too!

Hope you see some improvement on the homefront this week!

' Burbs

 
At 7/29/2008 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in. If it's any comfort, you can use the sedation time to cut hair and nails.

MEA

 
At 7/30/2008 4:13 PM, Blogger thenn said...

No good response to that. Its tough to see them suffer. I hope everything gets easier, better, and does so quickly.

 
At 7/30/2008 8:44 PM, Blogger katecontinued said...

These are the trying times. ((Rob)) I hope the solution comes soon for Amelia . . . and your poor (but beautiful) cow.

I don't think I can see the video too many times. In fact, I'd forgotten about the moon walking bear until I watched it again. Great public service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home