Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Fast Food Bug

Today was the end of my month without fast food. Well, it wasn't entirely without fast food. I didn't do as well as I had hoped. I need to work on my willpower, my planning, and my motivation. At least it was a great improvement over my previous habits.

I was very disappointed that I couldn't get through the month. I was frustrated with myself for a variety of reasons.

But somebody said something recently that stuck with me: Don't let Perfect be the enemy of Good. An improvement is an improvement, and it's something to build on.

I feel better. I don't get nearly as much heartburn. I've lost weight.

Today we were out looking for some goats to add to our herd, and checking out some local farm markets. Somewhere along the way, we stopped at Wendy's. Just as Lori was finishing her food, she discovered a dead bug in among her french fries. Bigger than a fly, smaller than a roach. Golden brown, but too many legs and too much exoskeleton to be apetizing.

I think I'll go another month....

3 Comments:

At 5/20/2006 9:12 PM, Blogger Mia said...

Oh ICK. Well all journeys start with a single step. As we say on the Veggie Board at WW, fall down 5 times get up 6. There are so many benefits--health, social, envinromental--you can do it!

 
At 5/21/2006 5:18 AM, Blogger Morgan said...

I am grossed out.

 
At 5/21/2006 4:52 PM, Blogger Suzer said...

Ewww!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home