Monday, June 05, 2006

Garden photos

Sorry, nothing pretty. The flower beds are too
neglected and overgrown for public viewing...


The rain barrel / soaker hose / tomato & pepper bed


Three raised beds.
Veggies in the
closest two beds,
strawberries
in the third,
and compost bins
at the far end.






Close-ups of the two vegetable beds.
We can't keep up with the greens.
Nothing else is
ready yet.


The first "sister" is planted.
Not much to look at, I know.
(You can see by the bare dirt that
this is where we had some
drainage work done.)

3 Comments:

At 6/05/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger Beo said...

Gardens look great!

Any way to find a market for those greens?

 
At 6/06/2006 2:25 PM, Blogger clairesgarden said...

the beds look great, are you doing the 'square foot gardening ' thing? I started using it last uear and find it helps me to continue. . I'll just do this one, then maybe that one, and so on. otherwose its too tmpting just to sit and look at the weeds grow, cup of tea in hand! my friend had two donkeys, very intelligent creatures, very sociable. I loved them. they can live to be really old too so you better sort out the pecking order now!

 
At 6/06/2006 5:49 PM, Blogger e4 said...

Yes, I'm using square foot gardening too, and I do like it. I did a little 4x4 garden once before, so this is a bit of a step up, but still quite manageable. And so far, very productive.

As far as the surplus greens, I haven't found anyplace to sell them, but I'm giving some away to co-workers. Maybe I can start a mini-CSA in the office or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home