Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kickin' us while we're down!

Ok, I promise I'll get to my next electricity post soon. And I promise I won't turn this into a whine-a-thon blog. But Holy Shit man!

Our repaired car is broken again. Our well daughter is unwell again. (Less so, but she won't let me or Lori out of her sight, even for a bathroom break, without a screaming, wailing fit. What's that about?) My employer just announced they're discontinuing all bonuses (forever). Oh, and they're moving their office to a different suburb, which actually takes income tax out at the city level. Thanks for the pay cut there guys. What else? Let's see.... Someone got ahold of my debit card number and ran up at least $1500 worth of online purchases today. We got a $400 propane bill yesterday. And I discovered that most of the wooden structure that holds our comfy recliner together is a mess of broken and splintered wood.

I mean, there's nothing really, really bad going on. But dang.

I advise you to run away. Run away quickly. Don't let this bad mojo rub off on you!

--

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7/31/2008 10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like someone must've managed to steal your good karma as well as your debit card. Sending big hugs to you, Lori, and the kids - with hope that Amelia feels better soon (so the rest of you do too).

 
At 8/01/2008 12:32 PM, Blogger Morgan said...

I feel your pain man I feel it!!!!

Its always something isn't it.

 
At 8/01/2008 1:47 PM, Blogger thenn said...

One of us has been a student for 9 of the 11 years we have been married. Only 2 of those years did we acheive a decent income and we threw that over for our calling back to the midwest. Sometimes the numbers in our account get so bad we have to laugh, I get where you are coming from on one more thing going wrong in a string of things that are going to cost us more money we didn't have to begin with.
What I can't imagine is poor Amelia, I hope that gets taken care of quickly! When is her scan?

 
At 8/01/2008 11:20 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Phwew. Sending some good karma your way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home