Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Diversion... or career change...

Well, I'm so glad we threw the better part of a trillion dollars onto that bonfire. I'm sick of reading about, hearing about, and thinking about the financial meltdown. Que sera sera.

I used to draw a comic strip for a little college newspaper. It was only a weekly paper, but I still ran out of ideas pretty quickly. Every once in a while I have one of those comic strip ideas, but never do much with them. But today I decided to amuse & distract myself for a few minutes:







After I got done with it, I realized it comes across more like a greeting card than a comic strip. Oh well. C'est la vie, as long as we're throwing around cliches from other languages. I mean really, carpe diem!

[ For the record, the artwork came from a clip art repository at fotosearch.com. I'm to lazy to do my own illustration at this point. And our scanner's not working anyway. ]

--

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 10/08/2008 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved it!

 
At 10/08/2008 10:54 AM, Blogger e4 said...

anon - Just saying 'penis' wasn't what was supposed to make it funny. But hey, you don't have to think it's funny...

But how about we don't generalize by nationality though, ok? You don't like it, criticize me, not every person in the nation I happen to live in.

 
At 10/08/2008 11:49 AM, Blogger It's me said...

I thought the "awkward" part is that the only way the baby would have the BROTHER'S pe*is is... well, never mind. If we have to explain it, there's probably no hope for ya.

I thought it was funny.

 
At 10/08/2008 12:54 PM, Blogger barefoot gardener said...

Too bad anonymous didn't get the joke. Evidently they were too shocked by the word penis to actually read the comic.

I thought it was funny.

 
At 10/08/2008 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought the awkard part is how would the mother know what her bil's penis was unless she had a pretty good gander at it -- more that one would expect in a social setting such as skinny dipping.

Heck, I thought it was funny. Guess I'm more American than I thought.

 
At 10/08/2008 7:57 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Haha! I'm sick of the world right now, and it seems like lots of folks are...I'm seeing more and more humor creep into our blogs.

I love it.

 
At 10/10/2008 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for placing fo*t in mou*h...
or was it tong*e in che*k?

 
At 10/10/2008 3:10 PM, Blogger Anna said...

unrelated to this post but..... I attached a link to a local (to me) woman's blog regarding her grandson's service dog (he is low functioning autistic). She and her daughter owned a yarn shop I used to go to and they are amazing advocates for autism awareness. Anyways check out the post, i think you can search out the article as well. People made donations and helped them get their dog.... anyways, check it out if you are interested. http://thewoolleyfarm.wordpress.com/2007/08/

 
At 10/10/2008 3:18 PM, Blogger e4 said...

Either interpretation works on the last panel. :)

Thanks for the link AD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home