Friday, June 09, 2006

A Colorful Day

Greens

I took 17 small bags of lettuce, swiss chard, mesclun, and spinach to work in a cooler, to share with co-workers. Wow, 17 bags. That sounds like a lot. The greens are growing so fast we're not even coming close to keeping up. It looks like the spinach is about to bolt. The lettuce is in the shade of the giant broccoli and cauliflower leaves, so it's hanging in there. The mesclun is starting to fall victim to bugs, turning into swiss cheese. I'm not a huge fan of this particular mesclun mix anyway. There's one plant with a pale leaves with a slight blue tinge and purple veins that is just too bitter for me. The bugs don't like it either, so it's thriving.

We ate our first homegrown strawberries of the year last night. Barely a handful, and pretty small, but it's a start. Hopefully there are more on the way. They were even better than the farm market strawberries we bought last week.

Blues

Now our new pickup truck won't start. Well, sometimes it will start and stall. Sometimes it will turn over and them make an awful metallic sound - kind of like if you try to start a car that's already running. Fortunately, I went ahead and bought a 3-month add-on warranty for not much, complete with towing. It's still a pain though.

Browns

I was a bit groggy this morning from being up in the middle of the night. When I put Amelia to bed, I fell asleep. I woke up at about 2:30am and realized I needed to do something for my job before morning. I had intended on doing it last night after the kids were asleep. The half hour task ended up taking two and a half hours.

Anyway, so somewhere along the way, as I was trying to become functional this morning, my daughter, um, filled her diaper. Then she put her hand down the back of her diaper. Then onto the side of her face. Then on her ankle. Lovely girl. So now there's dookie everywhere and I'm just not ready for a Code Brown this early. After some quick cleanup, she got a nice long bath, and I decided to skip breakfast. What a way to start the day...

3 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 7:06 PM, Blogger Morgan said...

Green: Awsome wish I was there

Blue:Sorry to hear send Liam a note

Brown: Glad I'm not there!

 
At 6/12/2006 2:38 PM, Blogger clairesgarden said...

nice of you to share your veggies, maybe one of your nice co-workers will offer to babysit?

 
At 6/01/2009 2:01 PM, Anonymous Kayla said...

Not a chance, Claire'sgarden! Kids like that make me want to rip my hair out, like the one i have to babysit this next tuesday--his dog peed in my hair and ate my macaroni!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home