Sunday, October 29, 2006

Time change

I'm sure this is a popular topic today, but at the risk of repeating what's been said elsewhere, I'll talk about it anyway.

Spring forward, fall back. Did you know that there's a spike in the auto accident rate after the spring time change? (And a drop after the fall time change.) I'm not a huge fan of the semi-annual clock reset. Not at all. I just wish we could split the difference, and then stay put or something. I hate the fact that it's suddenly dark at dinner time in the fall, and that I suddenly have to get up an hour earlier for no apparent reason in the spring. I have enough trouble getting a good night's sleep as it is. Not to mention the fact that animals, kids, and internal clocks cannot be adjusted by turning a dial or pushing a button.

I know, I know, it's supposed to conserve energy or something. I'll spare you a dissertation, but I'm not convinced.

Now, having said that, I'm thankful for the time change today. It was a full weekend, and slipping away fast. But the kids are in bed an hour early. And the seventh anniversary of the beginning of wedded bliss gets extended by sixty minutes.

I hope you enjoyed your extra hour if you got it. For my Down Under friends, I hope you aren't feeling too surly after listening to somebody who just gained an hour whining about the time change. Feel free to taunt me in six months when I'm whining even more after losing an hour of sleep.

And don't forget to check your smoke alarm batteries. Guess I should do that too...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10/30/2006 4:28 PM, Blogger Beo said...

Happy anniversary!

 
At 10/30/2006 6:43 PM, Blogger Morgan said...

yah for 7 years

are you in the 7 year itch or just finished it.

We have your sun light and were not giving it back. Thbssssssss

 
At 10/31/2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Madcap said...

Congratulations!!! What a lovely wedding-photo, you beautiful people.

I'm no fan of the time change either, but this far north it's dark at suppertime regardless. And in the morning, for that matter. It's just dark, dark, dark, all the time.

 
At 10/31/2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Suzer said...

Congrats on 7 years...here's to another 7 more!

 
At 11/03/2006 9:03 AM, Blogger e4 said...

Thanks everybody. I'm counting on at least 70 more... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home