Sunday, December 10, 2006

Garbanzo Hockey

Today I learned a new game. It's called Garbanzo Hockey. I'm not entirely clear on the rules, but I'll do the best I can to explain them.

To play Garbanzo Hockey, you need six small, shallow Play-Doh containers with different colored lids (referred to as "pockey hucks" by aficionados). The containers should be placed on a smooth floor. It's critical (for some reason) that the containers be placed upside-down, with the lids on the floor.

One player gets five pockey hucks. (The youngest player, if I'm not mistaken.) The other player gets one huck -- the one with the yellow lid. I'm not clear on the rules for three-player Garbanzo Hockey, but I do know that the third player gets a green lid, leaving the youngest player with four hucks instead of five.

The player with the most hucks counts to three, and on three, the players slide their Play-Doh containers toward each other. If the player with the yellow lid slides his container through the oncoming horde of colorful pockey hucks, without the yellow lidded huck touching any of the others, the yellow lid player wins the point. If the yellow huck collides in the middle with any of the others, the other player wins the point. Usually. Points are at the discretion of the youngest player. Actually, I'm pretty sure everything about the game is at the discretion of the youngest player...

E5 demonstrates proper
Garbanzo Hockey technique



Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 9:55 AM, Blogger Morgan said...

I love kids!

 
At 12/11/2006 10:24 AM, Blogger Madcap said...

Garbanzo hockey sounds like quite an improvement on the original.

 
At 12/11/2006 11:14 AM, Blogger e4 said...

Morgan - you want an extra one?

Madcap - Aren't you risking you citizenship by talking like that?

 
At 12/11/2006 6:22 PM, Blogger Madcap said...

The Holy Hockey Squad doesn't read blogs below the 49th P, - I think I'm safe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home