Thursday, February 28, 2008

A what free what now?

Bourbon Mom keeps making me laugh. Well, not with the downer cattle video. But almost all of her posts have something funny.

[ What? ... Really? ... I assumed that it was because of drinking - Well, never mind. Let me try again. Sorry. ]

'Burbanmom keeps making me laugh. And now, using the same mind control techniques she uses to make me laugh, she's making me turn off the TV, the computer, and all that other blinky stuff for one day a week.

Actually maybe it's Melinda's fault. She started this whole thing.

What am I even talking about? The "Take a Technology Free Day" challenge. Here's a doo-dad to prove it's existence:


For the month of March, the idea that for one day a week, you stop using the computer (blasphemy!) and the television (madness!) and the rest of their electronic friends. The rules aren't specific about what's included, but I'm not "going Amish" as Morgan has sometimes wondered. I do think it'll force me out of bad time-wasting habits (especially here on Teh Cyberweb).

I don't think it will be too hard, but I'm interested to find out. And I do have some books that I really need to finish.

And I'll be sure to keep a running blog diary of how each technology free day is going, as it happens...

--

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2/29/2008 5:29 PM, Blogger Burbanmom said...

yeah for Techno Free Day! Glad you decided to join! And ps... LOVE your jokes, e4 :-)

 
At 3/03/2008 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your jokes, too. I'm a stickler for dumb jokes and puns! Glad you're joining in. I had a *wonderful* day yesterday. Very serene. I feel like I had a great vacation plus I got a lot done, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home