Friday, August 08, 2008

Just to clarify...

In my last post, I'm not talking about our specific situation. Barring some unexpected circumstances, I don't think we'll be buying a new vehicle any time soon. And by "new," I mean used. Brand new is right out for a long list of reasons.

I just thought it was surprising that save a lot more gas going from 10 to 20 mpg than from 25 to 50.

Just another piece of the puzzle to consider if you are trying to change vehicles, like a lot of people are right now.

I hear that a bicycle gets the equivalent of about 1500 mpg.

No word on what kind of mileage these get:




Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8/09/2008 7:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - I want a bike like that! My hubby and I could totally go for something like this!

 
At 8/09/2008 4:51 PM, Blogger e4 said...

The second and third photos (surreycompany.com and rhoadescar.com) are pretty pricey at $2-3k apiece.

But the first one is actually a kit that you can apparently build for under $500. Less if you can get a couple salvage bikes on the cheap. More info at americanspeedster.com. He's even got plans for putting an electric motor in it...

 
At 8/11/2008 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those have to be the coolest things I've seen in...months, at least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home