Sunday, October 26, 2008

Family Secrets

...as in: We want yours.

........as in: Your favorite recipes.

We are hoping to put together a cookbook as a fundraiser for Amelia's service dog (see sidebar). We thought this would be a good way to let people contribute in a way that didn't involve those ever-more-precious dollars and cents. Hopefully the cookbook itself would have lasting value too.

So if you've got something good you want to share (or even something mediocre if it comes with a good story attached) leave us a comment, drop us an email, send us a telepathic message, or whatever other method of communication you favor.

It can be traditional, modern, ethnic, offbeat, vegetarian, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, midnight snack, something for company, something for holidays, something for just you, your grandma's secret, your own invention, something you stole, something blue, a canning recipe, dog treats, easy, hard, fast, slow, long, short, extremely healthy, or a heart attack drizzled with cheese sauce. Just no seafood. ;-)

Thanks!

--

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10/26/2008 10:11 PM, Blogger knutty knitter said...

http://kneedlyknots.blogspot.com/2008/06/green-potato-mountains-with-bacon.html

You're welcome to this one :)

viv in nz

 
At 10/27/2008 8:42 AM, Blogger e4 said...

Thanks knutty knitter!

 
At 10/27/2008 8:49 AM, Blogger e4 said...

Oh, I forgot to ask: How much bacon is two rashers? I don't know that term...

 
At 10/29/2008 1:15 PM, Blogger homebrewlibrarian said...

Where to start? Dang.

Problem is that I'm at work and all my recipes/notes are at home. Also I don't get on the computer when I'm home so I'll have to write a note to myself to remind me to contribute something.

Poke me if I don't get back in the next couple days.

Kerri in AK

 
At 11/04/2008 8:54 PM, Blogger knutty knitter said...

Two rashers equals two slices but feel free to do as many as you like.....we like as much as we can justify :)

I've been known to add frozen peas to the hot mashed potato (not the minted ones though). That way I can justify it as containing the regulation green veg.

 
At 12/10/2008 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi e4,
I have a recipe you can use for the cookbook!
http://www.lesliehawes.com/wordpress/?p=1074

 

Post a Comment

<< Home