Monday, December 15, 2008

Another easy one...

Here's a secret: The Easiest Challenge Ever is a gateway drug. By paying attention to these little everyday things, you might start to become aware of other stuff you can change.

But even so, easy stuff is easy. And I don't know about you, but just everyday life has been challenging at my house lately, so easy is all I can handle at the moment.

*** UPDATED ***

Never mind about the rest of this post. Mr. Obama chose Tom Vilsack as Secretary of Agriculture, despite the grassroots efforts to prevent it. We may now return to our cynicism and toothpaste. :-(

--

Sometimes even the easy stuff can still make a difference. Occasionally slacktivism actually works. I don't know for certain that this next item can make a difference, but this is from an email I got this morning from one of my favorite mailing lists:
Michael Dimock, president of Roots of Change, just called me and said "how do we get more people to sign this petition! I just talked with Michael Pollan and a member of Obama's transition team, and if we get 50K people to sign this in the next few days, Obama will take it into account when appointing the next Secretary of Agriculture!"
These people have put a lot of time into trying to find the right candidate(s) for Secretary of Agriculture. They've been kicking around names for a while, adding people, crossing them off. etc. They've done a lot of homework.

So here's the petition: http://www.fooddemocracynow.org/

And while you're in the neighborhood, here's another: http://fooddeclaration.org/

Okay, next time I'll try to come up with something more challenging.

--

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home