Saturday, January 03, 2009

The anti-Jared

Wow. Just wow.

Okay this has nothing to do with anything (which happens to be my current blogging theme), unless you're putting together your This-time-I'm-gonna-do-it New Year's Resolutions. And how I found this is too roundabout and not interesting enough to explain... but imagine for a sec that you weighed 420 lbs a year ago, and 215 lbs now. (190 kg to 97 kg for my metric friends.)

Here's what it might look like.

My favorite part is the progression of photos in the sidebar. You can literally see him getting more and more proud.

The idea of losing 200 lbs in one year boggles my mind. Amazing.

Now I shall digress.

This made me think of the song with the chorus that goes "Half the man I used to be"... which actually has lyrics that are too negative to tie to this story directly. I googled it to confirm my suspicions about the lyrics. It turns out most people think this is a Nirvana song (which was certainly my first guess). It's actually Stone Temple Pilots, and it's called "Creep". So there you go.

Now I shall digress even further.

Speaking of Nirvana, do you remember the album cover for "Nevermind" that had the baby swimming underwater, apparently chasing a dollar bill or something? (Looks like this.) Okay, if you remember that album cover, get ready to feel old... because that kid graduated from high school last year.

Okay, have I blown your mind enough times for one post?

Good, because I'm going to bed.

--

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1/03/2009 12:32 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Hello :) Wanted to let you know I am passing on the Premio Dardos award to you for your blog content. I love your blog. To get this award, go to the upper left hand side of my blog, simply copy and paste it to your blog, then when you have time, pass it on to 15 of your favorites whom you deem worthy :) Remember to let them know you have awarded it to them.

Gracie

 
At 1/03/2009 11:43 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks a LOT! I remember that cover. I was a college graduate when the album came out. And I was trying so hard to ignore the strands of gray ... pretending they're actually "blond" ....

The Anti-Jared story is incredible. Good for him! And I really liked the point he made about how difficult it was, how he had to change his life and "sacrifice" and how losing weight took "will power."

 
At 1/05/2009 8:14 AM, Blogger d.a. said...

Mind has be asploded.

*walks off, muttering "I can't be that old, can I?"*

 
At 1/09/2009 12:13 AM, Blogger e4 said...

Thanks Gracie!

You're welcome Wendy!

Sorry about that d.a.!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home