Top 10 Mid-Winter Annoyances
...at least here at the old Soggy Bottom Ranch.
10. The waterline to the barn freezes up, which means hauling buckets of water from the upstairs bathtub out to the barn, putting on and removing boots as needed with each of several trips.
9. Checking the weather forecast and seeing a warm spell is three days away... every day.
8. Snow days and snow delays at the drop of a hat.
7. You never want to turn off the heat stove long enough to cool down so you can clean it out, which makes it burn less efficiently, which leads to more work.
6. The asshat who ran over our mailbox. When your mailbox post is sheared off at ground level and the ground is frozen solid, well, you have to get creative if you want your mail before spring.
5. The daily trek across the icy death trap mentioned in yesterday's post.
4. Finding yourself in the plot of a Jim Carey movie.
3. Meadow taking a shit right in her water trough, then having the water freeze solid.
2. The chickens deciding the rail next to Meadow's water trough is a great place to perch. And shit.
1. Frozen chicken eggs