Monday, November 15, 2010

Our back yard, showing off a bit

Down in the lower right you can see the 5-foot fence and the extension ladder for scale. Click for the bigger version if you've got the bandwidth and the screen size.

One of my favorite things about moving here has been the fall. It starts a little later than I'm used to. It's quite a bit warmer than I expected. (I haven't really been wearing a jacket regularly - we're still breaking 70 during the day.)

It also lasts A LOT longer. In Ohio, it seemed that the trees would change color one day and then be bare the next. Here, it seems like the trees change one by one, with each type getting the spotlight for days at a time. Maybe it was just that there are a lot more trees here than there were back in Pickaway County. I don't know. But whatever it is, I like it.

And the best part? No long, grueling winter at the end of it. A couple months of chill, an occasional dusting of snow to make it pretty, a few ice storms, and we're done. At least that's what I'm told.

In other news, we may have chickens by the weekend after Thanksgiving. More to come on that one...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11/15/2010 11:36 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

So pretty! Looks a bit like my backyard ... a few weeks ago :). We're, mostly, at the bare stage now with winter somewhere around the corner (we think ;).

 
At 11/16/2010 12:07 AM, Blogger Madcap said...

I think I'm jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home