Saturday, June 10, 2006

A History of Oil

This link is rated PG by the Just-Invented Policital Correctness Association (JIPCA), for political content, economic peril, and confusing cultural references.

Robert Newman's "A History of Oil" is a British humor take on the geopolitics of oil. Funny, fascinating, and a bit frenetic. And also a bit frightening. But I already scared you with the Peak Oil ghost story (as well as stories about my frightening mechanical incompetence) so maybe you're getting used to it. Or maybe you've wandered off to have a sandwich.

The video is about 45 minutes, so if you're going to watch it, get comfy and bring some popcorn. And if you're on a dial-up connection, well, bring a good book too. Or don't click that link.

If that sounds too long, just give it 60 seconds and see if it sucks you in. You know you'd spend an hour watching people eat bugs on Survivor or mangle show tunes on American Idol, so quit yer whinin'!

1 Comments:

At 6/11/2006 5:51 AM, Blogger Madcap said...

That guy's got a fabulous show. I'm really glad I made the time for it. My husband will love the history angle, and I want him to hear again the message about the "End of the Age". I've got more sense of urgency about this than he has.

While I was there, I saw the link to "The End of Suburbia" and watched that too. I've heard a lot about it, and it was good to see it for myself. It left me with a few questions, mostly about food supply, that I'm still ruminating over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home