Saturday, August 25, 2007

Late Summer's Bounty

A beautiful morning to go to the Farmer's Market...

Oops. I guess we can't go to that market any more...


What, we can't grow melons in Ohio?


Couldn't I just go to Kroger for those?


NOW WE'RE TALKING!

This morning at our local-only farm market, we picked up zucchini, bell peppers, garlic, two kinds of apples, a jug of cider, nectarines, raspberries, beef soup bones, bratwurst, a dozen croissants, sweet tea, a couple cookies, and a hunk of provolone cheese. I missed the last caramel apple pie by mere seconds -- for the second week in a row. We'll have to get up earlier next time I guess.

--

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8/26/2007 7:49 PM, Blogger JBTW said...

Mmm... cider. Carmel apple would be good too. (Hope it was the real kind on a stick. I've seen slices w/sauce poured over them -- um, not the same people!) Better luck next time.

 
At 8/28/2007 11:43 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

I love seeing a photo of your farmer's market. (Light bulb above head-cfl of course) I'm going to present a meme where people photo their local farmer's market. I mean most people reading our blogs go to 'em. I think it will be an interesting experiment.

 
At 8/28/2007 11:45 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

Tomorrow is my market so look for the first entry. I'll give you credit for the inspiration :)

 
At 8/31/2007 3:09 PM, Blogger PeakEngineer said...

Nice farmer's market. The ones in our area are terrible -- they still had the tags on the fruit that was imported from Guatemala! As if there's no one in Florida that farms...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home