Sunday, August 05, 2007

Happy photos

Today's one of those days where I woke up way to early, in a bad mood. And the Universe obliged my desire to feel grumpy. I wasn't the only one today either.

I started this post of happy photos to turn the tide of my mood. Of course Blogger wouldn't let me upload the photos.

But then my lovely wife managed to arrange, on short notice, respite care. Respite care is something the county provides to parents of children with disabilities. It's essentially free babysitting. And the best part is that our caregiver just happens to be Amelia's school teacher from last year.

So we got to go out and see a movie (The Bourne Ultimatum - if you liked the other two, you'll like this one) and then gorge ourselves on Indian food.

The tide turned. I think I still owe a few photos as payment. So here they are...

The Egg Collector
(So far, we're averaging 1-2 tiny eggs per day.)

Black-eyed Susans among the weeds.
I love when this stuff happens
without any help from me.

More wildflowers among the weeds.

Our newest neighbors

Yes, those are llamas.
(No, those are not alpacas.)
Our neighbor intends to spin
their fiber into yarn, just for fun.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8/06/2007 8:22 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

I love your new "neighbors." We had Open Farm Day up here recently, and visited an alpaca farm. The owner had a dozen or so alpacas and one llama, and she used their wool for fiber, which she sold to support her farm. It was very cool. The fiber was incredible, thick and soft! The only thing I've felt that was close was my angora rabbit's fur. Makes me wish I could knit ;).

I'm glad the tides turned ;). Hope you have a happy Monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home