Sunday, January 06, 2008

Some photos... because I can

Prairie Chickens
NO CHICKENS ON THE PORCH!
Yeah, that's working great...

"Squaawk! Kiki want a cracker!"
Kiki is the kitty who has adopted our barn as his home base -
which is fine by me. I haven't seen a rodent in weeks.
The squadron of feed-thieving sparrows are still present,
but they're not nesting in there any more.
(Photo credit to e5...)

"Pssst. Alice.... Check her out."

"Aw, %!$$ off. Ain't you ever seen someone molting before?"


--

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1/06/2008 8:54 PM, Blogger JBTW said...

:) Great photos! I assume those are cat prints along with the chicken prints on the porch -- doesn't the cat scare them off?

I like the balancing act for your "parrot" -- glad E5 was around to take the picture!

 
At 1/06/2008 9:18 PM, Blogger e4 said...

Kiki and the chickens seem to have an agreement: I won't mess with you if you don't mess with me. He's swatted a chicken for crowding him, but they mostly live together in peace and harmony in different sections of the barn.

The "parrot" picture was easy to get because every time I go out to sift corn for the heat stove, Kiki hops up on to the wheel of the gravity wagon, and then up onto my shoulder so he can purr and rub against my head. The first time he did that it scared me to death - these two claw-filled paws coming at my face... But no humans were harmed in the process. Next thing I knew, it was a tradition!

 
At 1/10/2008 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chicken print photo is great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home