Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm nearly human again!

More or less, anyway. Probably more less than more. If I was to begin with. Er....

Let me start again.

Way back at the beginning of September, I broke my wrist. Thanks to the orthopedist, extremely long waits in the lobby of said orthopedist, and some physical therapy, I mostly almost have full use of my wrist again. If you offered me a million dollars to do ten pushups, I'd probably lose, but I'd say it's 90-95% usable.

And, for the past five or six weeks, I've been coughing continuously. At least it seems continuous. Have you ever coughed so much it made your head hurt every time? That's been me, at all times of every day. I thought about taking up smoking, just so I could quit smoking, in hopes that the cough would go away. But thanks to two rounds of conventional antibiotics, as well as something possibly magical and slightly mysterious called colloidal silver (do not try this at home!), I am only coughing once every five or six hours.

Somewhere in all of that I lost a cuddling match with my daughter, which resulted in my wearing an eye patch for a day. That healed up very quickly, but it was pretty painful for a day or so. (On a side note, the coolest thing about having an eye patch was the ability to try out the Pirate Eye Patch theory. The idea is that pirates wore eye patches not because they'd lost an eye, but to preserve night vision in one eye, so when they went belowdecks, they could lift the patch and see in the dark immediately. It works as advertised! And yes, I am a nerd.)

So while I'm not entirely healed, I'm close enough to do pretty much everything I need to.

In short, I feel vaguely normal. For me.

If only there were more gardening to be done...

--

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12/04/2007 10:20 AM, Blogger Chile said...

Glad to hear you are finally recovering!

 
At 12/05/2007 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I'd never heard that theory, but it makes total sense. Except wouldn't it handicap you in all other depth perception senarios like sword fighting and swinging from the rigging? I can think of some bad outcomes to those...

 
At 12/07/2007 4:16 PM, Blogger orneryswife said...

Colloidal silver is awesome! Use it topically or internally; it is a disinfectant for the body. Amazing stuff!

Glad you're feeling better. Sounds like you've had a rough autumn. Hope winter is kinder to your person!
TM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home