Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just call me "Scoop"...

Can I be smug for a sec?

I scooped Time Magazine. And National Public Radio. And the Wall Street Journal, too. By a year and a half, no less.

Now, I'm not a reporter. I don't play one on TV. Heck, I don't even write in complete sentences sometimes. I'm just some dude with a computer and some misdirected curiosity.

So how is it that I wrote something here back in May of 2006 that just last week hit the front page of the mighty Wall Street Journal? That NPR spent an hour discussing? That Time Magazine is just now jumping... all... over?

If you don't know about peak oil, you need to find out about it. Like yesterday.

Okay, so in reality, lots of other people knew about this even before I did. Sometimes waaay before.

But if peak oil is coming, or is here now, or already happened, join me (and some others) over here for ideas on what to do about it.

Sigh... I didn't want it to be true. Sometimes I wish I was just a paranoid nutjob.

--
PS - We got the carseat problem solved. And we didn't even have to buy a new vehicle. Woohoo!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12/03/2007 3:10 PM, Blogger Beo said...

We need to get that gasifier going...

 
At 12/06/2007 10:36 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

I wish we were all nutjobs, too, but it seems more and more the news, the "regular" news, the network news media machine, is running stories I've been hearing here on your blog and other places for the past year and a half. It's pretty sobering to realize that it's not just doom-saying anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home