Friday, May 21, 2010

Two tidbits from Dirt: The Movie

First, a quote:

"Over many years, the dirt has taught me a lot. God did not give us this amazing dirt to mistreat it. I have a relationship with this living organism. At times I am dirt's father because I take care of it. At times dirt is my mother because she feeds me. And at times dirt is my lover because we share a loving relationship. I take care of it and the dirt takes care of me. I feel the life within it." - Pierre Rabhi (as translated from French)

Second, a story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkOIqhtxTeg

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5/21/2010 10:52 PM, Blogger Madcap said...

I loved both of those. Thank you!

 
At 5/22/2010 6:04 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I love that story of the hummingbird.

It's just such a good reminder for anyone who says that his/her small contribution doesn't mean anything, that it doesn't matter if I don't use my dryer, for instance, because, while the forest may still burn, at least I can be confident that I did as much as *I* could ... and if we all did as much as we could .... ;)

Thank you for the reminder ;).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home