Saturday, April 08, 2006

AAAAAHHH!

All of my fruit trees, berries, and assorted other goodies arrived all at once. It was also the same day that my rain barrels and gutter diverters arrived. And the same day that Lori went to the library and got me a bunch of books off my wish list. And I've got a whole mess of seedlings in the basement that need attention, and more seeds and asparagus crowns in the fridge, ready to be planted.

Too many things to do at the same time! Not enough hours in the day! AAAAAHHH!

Of course, the one free night I had after work, it was sunny all day, until 5:00, when the thunderstorm came in. And this weekend, next weekend, and the following weekend are all booked for work. I should be able to turn those weekend hours into some days off in the middle of the week, but still...

So I got the strawberries in the ground yesterday. Today I filled up the planter box with my soil mixture for the picky little dwarf blueberry bushes, and I got them planted. I also got the mock orange and the tiny Chinese chestnut seedling planted. I dug eight holes for fruit trees. Five more to go. (And all this while upgrading a bunch of Oracle databases, and then moving them from a server in Columbus to a server in Dallas. Wheeeeee!)

It would probably have helped if I'd figured out where everything was going to go before I ordered it. Or at least before it arrived. But where's the fun in that?

Hopefully I can get at least some of those fruit trees planted tomorrow, along with, gosh, planting various seeds, getting the asparagus crowns in the ground, finishing up the last garden bed, building a small trellis for the blackberry bushes, deciding where the serviceberries and clumping bamboo are going to go, getting the rainwater collection stuff set up...

Man, I love spring.

--

In case you're interested, here's some product placement from today's episode of 'AAAAAHHH!':

Raintree Nursery
Stark Brothers Nursery
Johnny's Selected Seeds
Park Seed
Garden Watersaver
Eagle Peak Container

2 Comments:

At 4/08/2006 9:27 PM, Blogger Suzer said...

I don't mean to be pert,
But do you like dirt?
The stuff that a worm
Likes to eat for dessert?
Rootiful,
Beautiful,
Diggable dirt?

I'm quite an expert
On the goodness of dirt,
Under my nails
And down my shirt.
Grubbable,
Lubbable,
Diggable dirt.

--Paul Kortepeter

 
At 4/09/2006 7:57 AM, Blogger JBTW said...

Ahh, I love when shipments of garden goodies arrive! I miss that. (Didn't order anything this year - trying to work with what I have this year... We'll see how long that lasts!) Good luck getting everything into the ground! You seem determined, I know you'll figure it out. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home