Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Life is Good.


A year or so ago, I was the victim of a corporate restructuring that turned out to be a nightmare in every respect. I didn't like my job or my boss, I was part of a work culture that encouraged finger-pointing, back-stabbing, shirking responsibility... I was actually told to conceal the truth on a regular basis, and lie on more than one occasion. It went from being my favorite job ever (well, other than that scoreboard animator gig in college) to my least favorite. Even worse than emptying the trash cans and cleaning out the fryers at Wendy's. The only small bright spot was that it let me and my family move back up to Columbus from Cincinnati. From a company standpoint, the restructuring was awful too, resulting in terrible service, way too many outages for the customers, and roadblocks to any kind of progress. So now, they've decided to undo much of what they did, and put a few of us back where we came from. And the best part is, I don't have to move back to Cincinnati. I will be working from home four days a week!

Add to that the fact that the sun is shining, things are finally starting to turn green, I'm done being sick, and I am a happy guy. Now if I can just get a little more time to spend on the veggie garden...

3 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 12:23 PM, Blogger Suzer said...

Yea for spring! Yea for working at home! Yea for not hating your job! That has to be the biggest. About 7 years ago I left a very high paid corporate job for the same reasons you hate yours and ended up teaching piano lessons instead. Less money - way more rewards. It is most definately worth it to be happy, especially for your family's sake.
P.S. I didn't wipe down my monitor fast enough...we're all sick.(blogga, blogga)

 
At 4/04/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger e4 said...

Oooh, sorry about that. I think human viruses and computer viruses must be working together at this point...

 
At 4/05/2006 6:03 AM, Blogger Morgan said...

good for you! That is fantastic. I am sure Lori is happy about this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home