Friday, September 15, 2006

Bloglets

Sknnnnrffh.

That's the sound of a nasty cold moving through our house. I'm usually not one of those people who turns into a big baby when I'm sick, but yesterday about did me in. I haven't felt that bad in a long time, and definitely not from a mere cold.

I stayed in bed most of the day, alternately reading and dozing. I still went to bed at 8:30pm, and then overslept.

But I can't leave you, my ever loyal readership, without something to stare at. Just be sure to wash your hands after you leave here. But since you've already contaminated yourself, here's some randomness...

--

This might be the most impressive thing I've ever seen on somebody's blog. And I've seen some pretty impressive stuff.

--

On the way to the store today, my three-year-old son started going "Raarrh! Raarrh!" in perhaps the cutest, most non-frightening monster voice you could possibly imagine. I said, "Are you a monster?" He says, "No, I'm trying to scare my hiccups away."

--

Monarchs, monarchs, everywhere.

--

We had duck eggs for dinner the other night. You remember how high and mighty I was about people being afraid to drink our goat milk? Well, I was afraid of the duck eggs. Dumb, huh? Yeah. I think it was because I read a book in which the author was inexpicably afraid of eating duck eggs. He called the orangish yolks big and fat and sassy. Plus, it's just... well... the unknown. I'm lame, what can I say. Turns out they taste just like chicken... eggs. Go figure.

--

While typing this, I thought I heard a noise out in the garage. I wondered if the garage door was left open, and a cat, or possum, or raccoon might be rummaging around in there. So I stuck my head in and turned on the light. The garage door was down, no critters in sight. After a pause of the exact length to achieve perfect comedic timing, a cricket chirped.

2 Comments:

At 9/16/2006 8:57 PM, Blogger Mia said...

Ooh, too bad there was nothing fun to be found in your garage. ;) We saw the most adorable opossum this morning on our way to the Farmer's Market. We've had fun garage cat experiences too. Hm, I think I'd be squeamish about duck eggs too, but then I don't do so well with chicken eggs. Hope you're all feeling better soon!

 
At 9/16/2006 9:14 PM, Blogger e4 said...

(O)possums are so funny. (What's the deal with the optional "o"? Is that regional or something?) They just kind of causally lumber around like they live there. Raccoons are cute if they're in somebody else's yard. I wouldn't mind some cats in the garage to clear out the mice...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home