Thursday, January 10, 2008

Two totally unrelated items to share

First, one of my best friends in the world has started a blog, so I thought I'd plug it here. It's about the ins and outs of getting a rock band off the ground. After assembling the band in mid-2007, they're already playing all over the SF Bay area, and they've even done a SoCal trip that included a gig at the famed Whisky a Go Go. So go-go check it out.

--

Second, I have to share a funny kid story. This morning e5 was doodling on this little white board we have. He was drawing eggs. Nests of eggs, bags of eggs, baskets of eggs, eggs with stripes and spots (sometimes both at the same time). I wish I'd gotten a picture of one egg in particular before he erased it. I asked him about it and he told me the egg had spots that looked like eyes and a mouth, to scare away animals that might try to eat it. And I gotta tell ya, if I found an egg like that, I don't think I'd eat it either. It looked like a cross between a skull and Edvard Munch's "The Scream". The latest in evolutionary innovations...

Of course he had to erase it in order to draw a four-armed, four-legged robot in an underground, water-filled cave, waiting for an excuse to emerge and destroy nearby villages.

The artist giveth, and the artist taketh away.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1/11/2008 1:37 PM, Blogger Kritical Man said...

Hey man. Thanks for the shout out! I've been under the weather (literally and figuratively) but got up the strength for a new post today in honor of your plug.

Be well,
KM of IV+I

 
At 1/11/2008 3:52 PM, Blogger JBTW said...

:) Sounds like you need 2 white boards ... so he can start a new picture without erasing the old picture so quickly.

 
At 1/13/2008 12:34 AM, Blogger Morgan said...

hahahahahaha

life it aint it grand?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home