Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Don't Vote!

Please don't go out to the polls today. Stay home and relax. Watch some TV or something. You don't need the hassle.

I mean, the way I figure it, the lower the turnout, the more my vote is worth. Ok, just kidding. Mostly.

At my polling place, I was pleasantly surprised by a very short line, an easy to use voting system, and even a viewable paper record of my votes as they were cast.

It made me feel a tiny bit better than I did after watching the previously mentioned documentary on how insecure our voting systems can be. Now we just sit back and see how it all plays out...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11/09/2006 9:15 PM, Blogger Beo said...

Not to anger the black helicopters, but I find it too much to believe that after 2 months of nary a 5 cent waiver in fuel prices here in WI, the price shot up 16 cents on Wednesday, 11/8. And America will just keep buying it-me included.

How did you smoke referendums turn out?

 
At 11/09/2006 10:30 PM, Blogger e4 said...

Heh, I haven't checked local gas prices, but the thought occured to me that they might go up after the election. I wasn't figuring on the day after the election. But then I wasn't figuring on Rumsfeld resigning either, so I'll take the trade.

Issue 4 (big tobacco sponsored) went up in smoke, and Issue 5 passed. The voters figured it out. When I wrote it, polls were showing both passing, but a bunch of editorials and "No 4, Yes 5" signs got the word out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home