Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Those Days

You know those great autumn days, where the sun provides just enough warmth to make the crisp air incredibly refreshing? You get some quality time with the kids, or with Mother Nature, or both. You spend the day doing something meaningful and fulfulling. You wear yourself out, and at the end the day, you hit the bed feeling exhausted, but extremely alive...

Today was not one of those days.

In addition to my (greatly abbreviated) rant about whether DirecTV sucks, I also found out today that due to a mistake or change on our property tax (still figuring out which), the cost of our house is going up about $350 a month. We were very happy to be eliminating our $300 a month car payment so that we could redirect those funds. Well, there goes that plan. An extra $350 a month, and we won't have anything more to show for it.

Ouch.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11/14/2006 12:25 AM, Blogger e4 said...

But at least, upon checking my inbox, I discovered that:

- I'm invited to buy some replica watches

- Someone named Trina wants to meet me

- and I'm AN IRISH NATIONAL LOTTERY WINNER!!!

Woohoo!

 
At 11/14/2006 5:58 AM, Blogger Morgan said...

wow congrats on winning the lottery and well sorry to hear about the tax increase.

 
At 11/14/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Beo said...

What did you expect with the Democrats coming to power?

Oh, wait. I'M a Democrat!

Hope that the error is not permanent and just a correction or something.

 
At 11/14/2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Beo said...

In the face of something so crappy all I can offer is lame advice like to spend some time on Zombo.com or askaninja.com or something to cheer up.

Maybe Trina has an answer...

 
At 11/15/2006 9:36 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Yikes! I don't know what I'd do if I suddenly owed $350 more a month. :-(

 
At 11/15/2006 9:54 AM, Blogger Mia said...

Eep! I bet you could make a quick $400 on those replica watches and come out ahead. Right? Right? Hope things get smoothed out...

 
At 11/16/2006 10:47 AM, Blogger Kati said...

it's those evil gremlins, or whatever they are called. they can sense it when somebody starts to enjoy some wiggle room in the old budget and get busy finding ways to tighten the screws again! ouch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home