Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Scary Halloween Video Blogging

I try to keep it light here for the most part. I'll tell you when things are crappy, but I try to keep some perspective. I'm an optimist at heart.

But sometimes I see things that I can't find perspective on. And sometimes I feel the need to share them. So here's some scary stuff for your Halloween viewing pleasure...

This is a short one. I'm no climate change expert, but this can't be good:


This is a two-year timelapse from NASA of the Arctic ice shrinking. It reminds me of putting an ice cube in a bowl of hot soup.

Next up is a very funny mock interview from the BBC about the subprime mortgage debacle. If you keep hearing about this and thinking "WTF?", watch this clip:


And finally, if you have a couple hours to spare (and you wouldn't mind finding yourself gibbering in the corner a couple of hours from now), check this out:

I don't know if you'll believe everything you see there, but I think it's good to challenge what you do believe every now and then. This will most definitely do that.

--

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11/02/2007 9:37 AM, Blogger Madcap said...

I was only brave enough to watch the middle one - loved it! I went on to watch more by the same troupe. They're great.

 
At 11/03/2007 1:14 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Thank you for posting the movie, Zeitgeist. I think most of us knew everything they covered, if not directly, at least intuitively ... at least those of us who cared to know.

It's so George Orwell - so 1984; so Huxley and his Brave New World. The other day I said to someone or wrote it in a blog comment section that if one really wants to know a culture or a society, read. See what the authors are saying. They know. They write the truth disguised as fiction ... and sometimes not so disguised ;).

So, where do we go from here? 2008 - sure doesn't give me much time to amass my cash fortune, pay off my house, and figure out a way to leave the money-economy ;).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home