Monday, October 08, 2007

Three Itty Bits

Okay, first of all, this is just wrong:


It's October 8th, for crying out loud!
(That's 37 for my Celsius-inclined friends.)

Second, I was sent this in response to hearing of my grandma's passing away. An entertaining read...

Third, was this article about a group of men from the South Pacific island of Vanuatu, who travel to the United Kingdom to study the indigenous culture there. It sounds kind of contrived, but I'd still like to watch the resulting documentary.

That's all I've got for now. Not much of a post, but you get what you pay for.

--

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10/08/2007 4:58 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Phew! It's HOT in Ohio in October :). Anyone planning a combination pool/Halloween party down there?

Thank you for sharing the article. It was very interesting. I'm thinking about the three rights. I think I'll start planning my routes ;). I think, though, that given the topography of my area, I might end up in the ocean if I don't make a left every now and then :)

 
At 10/09/2007 11:03 AM, Blogger e4 said...

I don't ever remember 90+ in October, and I've lived here all my life. It ain't right I tells ya.

But the forecast says highs of 83, 67, and 57 for the next few days...

Two lefts don't make a wrong but three rights do. Er, no. That's not it. Hmmm.

 
At 10/09/2007 4:16 PM, Blogger Pea said...

I'd pay at least a quarter to read that article!

 
At 10/09/2007 9:05 PM, Blogger Beo said...

We didn't get that insanely hot, but a 2 week stretch in the high 80's in October in WI taint right neither.

Still, I am getting a bumper OCTOBER crop of peppers, and I brought in 15 pounds of OCTOBER tomatoes yesterday. I had planned on trying Coleman's 4 Season Harvest, but I think having all FOUR seasons is a prerequisite!

The cold front is rolling in now, and I think we are in for the Big Chill finally.

 
At 10/10/2007 9:03 AM, Blogger orneryswife said...

Your temps are fairly common for us in OK, but we have had such and unusual year this year that I can't really say what is normal anymore!

I loved the article. It was my first visit to your blog, but I had a nice time. I'll be back!
TM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home