Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I don't have a lot of words to pour into the keyboard for once, so instead...


Pictures from a lunchtime stroll around the property:

Dandelions - What's not to like?


A tree swallow with nesting material,
sitting on our brand new birdhouse.
The male and female both dive bombed
me while I was taking pictures.
Their cute little twittering as they
buzzed me didn't come across as
very intimidating though.


A baby killdeer.
Mother and Father were squawking and flailing around
with faux injuries to lure me away from the chicks.
I think I counted five. They're the cutest little things.


A red-winged blackbird among last year's cattails
(Looks better if you click for a larger image)

Sorry, no frogs. They hear me coming and
sound the alarm about 30 feet ahead of me.
All I ever see is the splashes.

5 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 6:08 AM, Blogger Morgan said...

nice I love the "flowers"

 
At 4/20/2006 6:09 AM, Blogger Morgan said...

YOU get the most interesting people on your blog nobody ever leaves comments on mine.

Great job!

 
At 4/20/2006 12:23 PM, Blogger Suzer said...

Hmmm, e4 I think Morgan just called us uninteresting nobodies. The pics are wonderful! Who ever decided dandelions were weeds anyways? I think they're great too.

 
At 4/20/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger JBTW said...

The baby killdeer is so cute! I've never seen a baby before. (One of the birds I studied in Environmental Science class way back when.)

 
At 4/21/2006 8:56 AM, Blogger Morgan said...

I love you Nobodies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home