Saturday, September 15, 2007

Oh poor me

I'm in a pretty pathetic state at this point.

Broken wrist. Chest cold. Three-day-old headache. And now laryngitis.

Things I am unable to do at this point:
- Tie my own shoes (or anybody else's, for that matter)
- Button my own pants (ditto above)
- Sign my name
- Change a diaper (no, really)
- Stay on my feet for more than 30 minutes
- Sleep a whole night without injury to myself or others
- Dig up my potatoes
- Utter a coherent sentence
- Speak audibly

So the burden of many of these things goes to my wonderful, and pregnant, wife. The rest will just have to wait.

But at least I can type a little now. And laugh at how pitiful I am.
--

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9/16/2007 2:14 AM, Blogger willow said...

Oh dear, but then things can only improve, can't they?
Hope you start to feel a bit better soon.

 
At 9/16/2007 6:07 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Yikes your in some rough shape. Hope you are on your feet and feeling better soon.

 
At 9/17/2007 3:20 PM, Blogger network_weasel said...

Get well soon!

 
At 9/17/2007 4:03 PM, Blogger barefoot gardener said...

Poor Guy! Hope you feel better soon...

 
At 9/17/2007 7:54 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Hope you feel better soon ;).

 
At 9/19/2007 12:10 PM, Blogger Chile said...

Yah, I think laughter is really the only option at this point. That and lots of chocolate. It helps the healing process. No, really, it does!

 
At 9/20/2007 10:12 AM, Blogger Beo said...

Maybe this can all be chalked up to a character building experience and besides, if you believe Nietzsche you should be a veritable Schwarzenegger when you pull through!

Thoughts, prayers and optimism from the Mia/Beo household.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home